Crack Reality - "It's what's for breakfast!"

The Discussion Group for Friends, Families and Significant Others of Those Addicted to Crack Cocaine. Here you can get the help and answers you need to cope with this problem.
trvling1

Re: Crack Reality - "It's what's for breakfast!"

Postby trvling1 » Feb 18th, '17, 20:58

Danielle wrote:Just checking in with you all...I am still very much happily married to my British sweetie pie...all is calm...hope you all are staying clear of CH's and I hope 2017 will be a great year for all of us.

Hi Danielle-
Just logged on and saw your greeting. Happy belated holidays to all. Still single, which is fine for me; glad to hear you are still happily married and enjoying life. :)

Keeping busy with work. A lot of OT. Have been trying to transfer with my organization for awhile, but so far, no luck. Spring is coming, so looking forward to that and new beginnings with nice weather and cook outs and gatherings around the fire pit.

I tried going on a couple of dates, but the older I get, the less I care, quite honestly. Between whatever baggage they may have and my reluctance to go beyond a handshake prevents any further engagement. I'm not complaining at all. I've grown quite accustomed to being alone, and actually prefer it. When you're with a CH, you're alone anyway. The difference is, things are way less stressful when they're not in your life. Daily life is enough by itself. Adding a CH to the mix is insanity. It's like coming out of a fog. You don't realize how bad it was until you make the break and how well they concealed it in hindsight. The bad times eclipse all that was good at one time. NC with relatives is still in place and avoid anyone associated when possible. I do still go to the same person who does my hair, but CH topic remains off limits by a mutual unspoken understanding.

Someday, I may even consider dipping my toe in the dating pool again, but not counting on it. lol. :P
See the truth–it's hiding there just behind the story that we wanted to believe - Lara
Experience is what we get when we didn't get what we wanted.

Danielle

Postby Danielle » Jul 20th, '17, 06:01

So nice to hear of your update...sounds like you are staying in a healthy state of mind, which is The Most Important Thing!!!!
Addicts, 'former' addicts or addicts in recovery NEED NOT APPLY !!

trvling1

Postby trvling1 » Nov 5th, '17, 11:27

Danielle wrote:So nice to hear of your update...sounds like you are staying in a healthy state of mind, which is The Most Important Thing!!!!

Hi-
Just popped in to see who's here. Life is still crazy busy with work, but it is productive. Working A LOT and taking it a day at a time, still after a few years. Learning to say no to things and people that don't feel right and trusting my gut. Once Cracky was gone, the toxic cloud lifted and I really was able to gain clarity on MY life and what I want. Not accountable to anyone else (except work-lol). Still enjoying my time alone. I have good friends and family that are a great source of fulfillment (and Netflix-lol). I get lonely for companionship sometimes, but the roll of the dice that comes with an opportunity isn't worth the gamble. I deserve better and I'm not going to settle.

Hope this finds everyone doing well and wishing peace to those who are still struggling with boundaries and feelings that come with the bondage chains of a CH in their life. <3
See the truth–it's hiding there just behind the story that we wanted to believe - Lara
Experience is what we get when we didn't get what we wanted.

Return to “crackreality.com Discussion Group”